Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Darker Than Black II, Episodes 5 and 6: Gunpowder Smoke Drifting Away, Life Drifting Away and The Smell is Sweet, the Heart is Bitter

darker than black suou
My apologies for the ridiculously long post title. I've finally been able to sit down and get all caught up on Darker Than Black II. Since episodes 5 and 6 are where I really fell in love with this anime's first season, I was pretty psyched to watch these two. It didn't quite live up to the awesomeness that was November 11's introduction, but it was throughly entertaining nonetheless.


These episodes still dealt with dark subject matter, of course, but they didn't have the ugliness of the last one. They did a great job giving several characters really humanizing scenes, even ones that I haven't considered to be major players. There was also plenty of intrigue and some callback to the events of last season. Though I've always been a fan of the music on this show, I really need to add how impressed I was with how well it set the mood in these episodes, 5 especially. I wish more animes would use music this well.

They've really set things up for some great episodes here. I hope that the show continues to live up to my high expectations. I also want to remind people once again that there are scenes after the show's credits that they probably won't want to miss, especially the last one.

Rating: 91/100

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

  • Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on this site.
  • Google's use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads this site's users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
  • Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy.

  © Blogger template Blue Surfing by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP