Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Book of Bantorra, Episodes 7 and 8: A Smile, a Mask, and a Man with a Death Wish and A Pond, Comrades, and a Seashell

armed librarians
My apologies for the ridiculously long post title. I've fallen a bit behind of The Book of Bantorra, and I wanted to get as caught up as I could. It looks like I picked a good set of episodes to watch together too. The Book of Bantorra finally started to find some focus here. I think this may be a turning point in the series for me. I was really surprised at how meaningful a lot of scenes from the past turned out to be.

That's not to say that this anime still isn't confusing- it absolutely is, and I really have to think about stuff after I watch each episode. But for the first time I really felt that the writers of this anime had a clear purpose and direction in mind and weren't just showing scenes aimlessly. There were also some wonderfully done action scenes here, especially in episode 8. The Book of Bantorra is really creative, so it's amazing when they get things right in the fight scene department.

Maybe this marks the point when I'll really be able to like this show as much as I think it deserves to be liked. If future story arcs keep coming together like this one did, I have no doubt I'll be able to appreciate the anime as a whole much more than I currently have. So far, this has been the high point of this series for me. I hope it only gets better from here.

Rating: 90/100

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

  • Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on this site.
  • Google's use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads this site's users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
  • Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy.

  © Blogger template Blue Surfing by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP