Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Darker Than Black Episodes 13 and 14: A Heart Unswaying on the Water's Surface




At long last, we get a Yui centric episode, and it was well worth the wait. This was a really lovely episode, in more ways than one. There were some beautifully animated scenes, wonderful, touching writing, and some of the best music I've heard in this series so far. If you're a fan of piano music, I really recommend trying to track the music from this episode down. It's exquisite.

This episode introduced some interesting new characters and brought back some that I wasn't expecting to see again. While I didn't laugh at them as much as I did the first time, I felt that they worked better in small doses overall. I hope that they sneak them in again sometime, even if it's just for a scene or two.

While the series has been full of sad scenes, this episode really brought out the waterworks for me. The more stirring scenes really made me appreciate how well they've developed the characters thus far. They managed to be sad in a subtle way and without being at all emotionally manipulative. I really love that this show has turned out to be so character driven and isn't just another fun action show, and I hope it continues on that path.

Rating: 95/100

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

  • Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on this site.
  • Google's use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads this site's users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
  • Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy.

  © Blogger template Blue Surfing by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP