Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sasameki Koto, Episode 3: First Kiss


We've now reached the third episode of the yuri romance anime Sasameki Koto. This episode calls back to the scene we saw at the beginning of the very first episode, and, as the episode title may suggest, has some discussion of first kisses. Sumika continues to be a really entertaining character in this one, while Ushio continues to be extremely dense when it comes to Sumika's feelings towards her.

Ultimately, I think that's my problem with Sasameki Koto. I'm not rooting for Sumika and Ushio to get together at all. I'd rather see Sumika get over Ushio and find an awesome girl who really likes her for who she is. I'm not familiar with the Sasameki Koto manga, so maybe I'm supposed to feel that way, I don't know. It's just leaving me really frustrated.

I am enjoying this show, and it's doing a lot of things I'd like to see more yuri anime doing. I just feel like something's wrong with me if I don't want to see the main characters of a show like this together. I'm not going to be really disappointed if this does turn out to be a more conventional show and Ushio and Sumika eventually do get coupled up, but it would be really neat if this show was doing something different.

Rating: 84/100

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

  • Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on this site.
  • Google's use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads this site's users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
  • Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy.

  © Blogger template Blue Surfing by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP