Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Sacred Blacksmith, Episode 3: Demon Blade -Sword-

sacred blacksmith aria

The Sacred Blacksmith's third episode starts off pretty similarly to how the last one did, but this time the anime managed to pique my interest right from the start. I was worried that things would fizzle after the introduction, but the show managed to stay strong throughout. This episode is a huge step up from the last one in just about every direction, and I really enjoyed it overall.

I wasn't a big fan of Cecily as a character prior to this, but they really gave her some nice development and I'll hopefully be able to enjoy her from now on. There were also some excellent additions to the show's cast, as well as some nice call backs to The Sacred Blacksmith's first episode. There are a lot of interesting story elements going on right now and I hope they can make good use of them.

I have to say, after last week's episode, I was pretty convinced that I'd be dropping The Sacred Blacksmith. However, the show really managed to pull it together with this one and I finally feel somewhat invested in the plot. However, my number one complaint- that the show feels like you're watching an RPG video game- still stands. I have a flash cart coming for my DS later this week. We'll see if The Sacred Blacksmith can hold my interest when I have some real RPGs to play.

Rating: 82/100

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

  • Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on this site.
  • Google's use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads this site's users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
  • Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy.

  © Blogger template Blue Surfing by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP