Monday, October 26, 2009

Kimi ni Todoke, Episode 3: After School



I'm now up to the third episode of Kimi ni Todoke. So far I've really enjoyed this anime in spite of it being a romance show, but after this episode, I'm concerned I might not be able to enjoy it as much for long. It looks like certain shoujo manga tropes are about to come up, I'd really prefer it if they didn't. I hope I'm wrong and the show goes in a different direction than what I think it's going to go into.

Overall I did enjoy this episode, although it wasn't quite as good as the last one. I didn't feel like the humor in this episode was as natural as the humor in episode two, but this episode did do some things I was really hoping to see the show do. I just hope this anime keeps up its slice-of-life feeling rather than descending into melodrama.

I certainly can't see myself dropping Kimi ni Todoke even if it does get a lot more dramatic. I'm pretty invested in the characters at this point, and I want to see how things turn out for them. I really hope I can keep enjoying the show and keep on rooting for Sawako to be happy.

Rating: 88/100

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

  • Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on this site.
  • Google's use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads this site's users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
  • Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy.

  © Blogger template Blue Surfing by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP