Monday, September 14, 2009

On sequels, spinoffs, and OVAS

A large portion of the Fall 2009 anime schedule is either a sequel, a reimagining, or a spin-off. Here's a complete sequel/other stuff list.

  • Darker Than Black: Ryūsei no Gemini (sequel)
  • A Certain Scientific Railgun (spinoff)
  • White Album (sequel)
  • Natsu no Arashi! (sequel)
  • Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza (sequel)
  • Queen's Blade (sequel)
  • Shin Koihime†Musou (sequel)
  • Asura Cryin' (sequel)
  • Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu (sequel)
  • Inyuyasha Final Act (sequel)
  • Stitch! 2 (reimagining)
  • Battle Spirits (sequel)
  • Kiddy Girl-and (spinoff)
  • Tentai Senshi Sunred (sequel)
I'm not going to even attempt following some of these (Inyuyasha, I'm looking at you), but I'll check out at least a few of them. Since most of the upcoming Fall shows won't air until October, I was thinking of going ahead and blogging one or two of the first seasons of shows I am likely to cover. I don't know if I'll finish them before the show starts, but I can try, and either way, it can give people an idea of what the previous season was like. If I do this, I'll probably start with Darker than Black.
    There are also many OVAs coming out this Fall. There's a list of them here. The only one I plan on covering so far is Shakugan no Shana S, but my mind may change. Again, let me know if anything looks really interesting.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Privacy Policy

    • Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on this site.
    • Google's use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads this site's users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
    • Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy.

      © Blogger template Blue Surfing by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP