Monday, September 28, 2009

Darker Than Black Episodes 9 and 10: The White Dress Stained with the Girl's Dreams and Blood


The backstory driven story arcs continue with Darker than Black's ninth and tenth episodes. This time Misaki is the one to get the spotlight, though Saito and Kanami get some nice moments as well. The syndicate is once again barely in the episode, with only Li getting any real screentime. I've enjoyed learning more about other characters, but I'm hoping to get back to more stuff like what I saw in episodes 5 and 6 soon, or better yet, some Yin or Huang centric stories. While I'm making a wishlist, I might as well add that I can't wait to see November 11 again either.

I'm not sure if my expectations for this show have gotten too high or not, because while I did enjoy this arc, it just doesn't feel like it was as good as some of the earlier episodes were. I'm not complaining yet, exactly, because I do feel like this arc in particular will probably make some of the earlier episodes even better upon re-watching, but I feel like I got so pumped up about this show and haven't gotten a really epic episode since. Here's hoping I don't have long to wait.

There was some lovely music in this one, and the new characters were intriguing and well done, as always. I hope to see more of Li and Misaki together soon- they make a fun pair.

Rating: 89/100

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

  • Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on this site.
  • Google's use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads this site's users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
  • Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy.

  © Blogger template Blue Surfing by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP