Monday, December 21, 2009

The Sacred Blacksmith: Series Review

the sacred blacksmith
I should start this review off by saying that The Sacred Blacksmith isn't anything special. The story is tells is a pretty generic one, and most of what it does has been done plenty of times before. The characters are pretty stock, and for the most part, the story is predictable. There's filler, and there are quite a few plot threads left dangling. But, in spite of all that, I enjoyed this series.

When I first got into anime, I would watch just about anything I could get my hands on. This resulted in me seeing some great stuff, and seeing some stuff that felt like an animated Dungeons and Dragons game. The Sacred Blacksmith felt like an updated version of one of those animes. It evoked a lot of feelings of nostalgia in me. In many ways, this anime is like watching an old-school, lame but lovable RPG.

I don't think this is a series that will be remembered for long, and I wouldn't recommend it to many people. However, it does have its charms. If old RPGs give you warm fuzzies too, or if you're in the mood for something short and simple with some good fight scenes, you might want to give this series a go. The show does pick up around the third episode, and it has a few genuinely good moments. Maybe you'll like The Sacred Blacksmith in spite of itself too.

Rating: 84/100

1 comments:

Anonymous,  October 2, 2011 at 7:22 PM  

Review is awesome. I really like this post. Thanks.

Download King of the Hill Episodes

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

  • Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on this site.
  • Google's use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads this site's users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
  • Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy.

  © Blogger template Blue Surfing by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP