Monday, October 19, 2009

Kimi ni Todoke, Episode Two: Seat Change


Kimi ni Todoke's second episode picks up a little ways after the first one left off. I've never read the manga that this show was adapted from, but it really felt like a volume to volume transition. It didn't bother me in the slightest, but I'm curious about whether the show will continue on like that, and how the manga is actually paced. I'll have to track it down and read it sometime soon.

I mentioned in my post about the first episode that the art style on Kimi ni Todoke was a bit off-putting. I feel like I really need to clarify here- the way the characters are drawn bothers me a bit, but the backgrounds on this show are absolutely stunning. I tried to feature a picture for this episode that illustrated just how gorgeous they are, but it really doesn't do it justice. I think I'm adjusting to the art style of this show a bit as well, or maybe I'm just enjoying it so much that I don't really care. This was another terrific episode, and I feel like I might get sucked into the show's romance in spite of themselves. There were several really great little things they did that made me want to root for these characters, Kazehaya in particular.

I am concerned that this series is going to get a little bit repetitive after a while. The heartwarming moments in this episode and the last were very well done, but there was a lot that was similar about them. Hopefully my concerns in that department are completely unfounded. I'm really enjoying this one.

Rating: 90/100

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

  • Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on this site.
  • Google's use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads this site's users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
  • Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy.

  © Blogger template Blue Surfing by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP