Monday, October 5, 2009

Kämpfer Episode One

kampfer
Kämpfer tells the tale of a 17 year old boy, Senou Natsuru, who is chosen to be a "Kämpfer", a sort of magical girl who apparently fights other magical girls. Apparently, menfolk can't be magical girls, and so he has to sprout a pair of breasts every time he transforms. If it sounds like nothing but fanservice, that's because it is. There's not really much of a reason to watch this show apart from that.


Kämpfer is adapted from a manga, and it feels like it- the plot simultaneously felt both rushed and sluggish. There's an exposition dump early on that's delivered by a disemboweled stuff tiger. As I type that sentence, it sounds like it should be a lot of fun- the whole series does- but Kämpfer just felt dull to me.

There's not to say there's not an audience for this. I enjoy guilty pleasure shows from time to time, and Kämpfer actually reminds me a bit of Shuffle!, one such show that I had a lot of fun with. But there isn't anything like the antics of God-chan and Satan to keep me entertained like I was with Shuffle!, and since I'm not particularly into Shuffle!, I'm going to go ahead and drop this series right from the get go. It's clearly not for me.

Rating: 68/100

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

  • Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on this site.
  • Google's use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads this site's users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
  • Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy.

  © Blogger template Blue Surfing by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP