Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Book of Bantorra, Episode 3: A Bomb, a Human, and the Sickness of a God of Death

book of bantorra
The Book of Bantorra's third bomb titled episode picks up almost right where the last one left off. Hamyuts Meseta is great is this episode, as anyone who watched the last one might have expected. She was probably the character I was least interested in in this anime's premiere episode, but they've really developed her well since then and I find her to be pretty intriguing.

Though The Book of Bantorra is now on its third episode, the anime still feels a bit disjointed and off. This series has always had some moments of greatness, and I thought that this episode was particularly strong when the events we'd seen in a book interconnected with the events in the present, but thanks to the still slightly jarbled storytelling, I'm having a hard time getting into it. I'm starting to lose hope that this will change, and it's frustrating as the show is pretty great aside from that.

No matter how much I may complain about this series, there is still always a lot to like about it, and I'm really not willing to give up on it. Maybe the storytelling is a bit clunky and uneven, but the actual story that's being told is great, and that makes the show's less than stellar moments more acceptable. I'm hoping that when I've seen all the pieces that The Book of Bantorra has to offer, the anime will be a much better experience so that I can truly enjoy it when I rewatch.

If you'd like to watch this anime free online, head over to crunchyroll

Rating: 80/100

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

  • Google, as a third party vendor, uses cookies to serve ads on this site.
  • Google's use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads this site's users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
  • Users may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the Google ad and content network privacy policy.

  © Blogger template Blue Surfing by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP